Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Job ID: 220000ES
Employment Type: Full time
Job: Human Resources
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- The position of Senior HR Officer will support the HR Manager in the attainment of an integrated staffing for the country program through a timely and concise engagement of field office staff in providing professional advice, work with HR Officers and HR Assistants in managing HR functions within their teams and provide real time support in the management of the CP HR requests.
- This position will take up Acting responsibility whenever the HR Manager is not available.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the HR Manager with capturing and communicating employee lifecycle events (change in status, promotion, lateral move, termination etc.) in a timely manner to the people and update such information on Project Insight Human Capital Module.
- Support the HR Manager to ensure talent management strategy and initiative supports equitable compensation and benefits and a work environment that fosters staff engagement, empowerment through proper supervision, personal and professional growth.
- Effectively support in talent acquisition and management. Collaborate with the HR Manager in managing team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Ensure adequate support to Heads of Offices and Field Office staff on HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Support the HR Manager to develop and implement HR solutions that strengthens Field Office process understanding and integration in the consistent application of policy, practices, and initiatives.
- Serve as the Hiring Strategy liaison with the different recruiting departments across the country program.
- Coordinate with Field HR Staff in ensuring thorough understanding, interpretation, and application of HR policies in the Field Offices and escalate identified gaps to the HR Manager for immediate interventions.
- Propose strategies and plans on how to increase CP employee experience in the Field Office locations in a timely manner.
- Support new hires with orientation and onboarding. Engage with Hiring Managers on Employee Information Packs for the new staff and work with the Onboarding Peers to ensure new hires gain speed and accurate information in their settling into the organization.
- Collaborate with the Human Resource Team in the delivery of timely and consistent HR service delivery in line with the CP’s objectives and Agency strategy.
- Travel to field offices to support the Field Office HR Staff in the recruitment of enumerators, adhoc staff and the delivery of compliance training where necessary.
- Engage regularly with the Heads of Offices and Field Office Leads to provide feedbacks to address issues, identify areas for support and provide guidance in compliance with CP and agency policies/procedures
- Coordinate the CP Internship scheme across the country program locations.
- Engage with Finance for onboarding and offboarding process. Ensure payroll information are accurate on resumption and exit of employees from the CP
- Conduct and lead proactive proposal-specific recruitment for employee for/on new business activities in collaboration with BD team
- Gather information on and coordinate job advertising for proposals and newly awarded projects
- Maintain candidate database and manage applicant tracking
- Assist in writing job descriptions and advertisements
- Conduct pre-screening interviews with identified candidates, check references and collect the personnel documentation including but not limited to USAID biodata form, etc. and ensure identified talents signs off on contingency offers.
- Review applications and make recommendations to CRS staff based on candidate qualifications against criteria established in the project job descriptions or Scope of Work requirements
- Format and edit key resource persons CVs. Ensure the CV addresses proposal or project requirements.
- Responsible for creating the final employee/recruitment related documents in proposals.
- Maintain communication with proposed candidates throughout proposal to award stage.
- In collaboration with the HR Manager, support the global HR processes integration and ensure that all new decisions are communicated effectively.
- Support HR Manager and CP Leadership in promoting Agency initiatives on Gender, Safeguarding, REDI etc.
- Gather and analyze relevant data from organization to support decision making in the country program.
- English Language
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40 %.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Project Leads, Deputy Country Reps (Programs & Operations), Head of Operations Units, Head of Offices, Field HR Officer, HR Assistant, Acting Head of HR, Regional HR TA, Regional People Officer, HRBP, Security Manager and the Country Representative.
- External: HMO, Life Assurance Broker, INGO Forum Coordinator and Legal Counsel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Human Resources Management or Business Administration required.
- Master’s Degree in Law, HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO, with at least three of these years overseeing an HR function and strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Additional education/certifications may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Thorough knowledge of the local labor law.
- Staff management experience.
- Strong experience in presenting, facilitating, and coaching on HR topics.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
- English Language
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.Strategic in how they approach each relationship.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good planning, monitoring, and organizational skills
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What We Offer
- CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions).
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.