Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior General Manager, Production
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To Head: Plant Director
- Ensure plant operations are optimized towards accomplishment of all set plant performance objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and articulation of a production strategy for DCP
- Create and manage the Plant’s production plan, capacity plan and materials requirement plan in line with DCP’s strategic intent.
- Oversee the implementation of approved production plan at the plant to ensure established targets are met.
- Ensure that production processes are implemented in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the unit’s strategic direction and objective to all staff.
- Prepare annual production budgets based on relevant considerations including market forces and ensure achievement of planned budgets through optimization of resources.
- Coordinate and manage the production team to achieve daily production targets within the specified quality level, budget and time.
- Liaise with Maintenance to coordinate planned shutdowns of production lines for the purpose of maintenance.
- Oversee the execution of cement kiln lining repairs, raw, cement mill operations, and cement packaging system.
- Keep abreast with new developments in cement production and good practices, and make recommendations for improvement to the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
- Supervise the implementation of approved recommendations.
- Coordinate with other units of production, mines and maintenance departments are required to meet production requirements.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the production team.
- Prepare and provide production repots and information to management to aid decision making.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Director.
- M.Sc in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Post-graduate/relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of thirty (30) years relevant work experience, 10 of which must be in senior management position.
Skills & Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of cement production processes.
- Up to date knowledge of the cement industry (Local and international) including the trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Firsthand knowledge of cement manufacturing equipment and their functionalities.
- Strong knowledge of product quality parameters and quality control.
- Competence in Operations Planning, Budgeting and Management
- Data Analytics skills competence and Financial Management capability.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching and monitoring skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online