Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Trustees Limited, a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Bank, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Estate Planning Officer – Wills & Trust
Job ID: 64094
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- The Senior Estate Planning Officer Wills and Trusts (SEPOWT) has the responsibility of ensuring that the customer service experience of clients is constantly improved while dealing all client requests from enquires, onboarding, management and administration of their Wills as well as deceased estates.
- The scope of work also covers enquires from Trust clients – Private Trust and Stanbic IBTC Education Trust (SET)
- Raise the level of understanding of the business thereby creating awareness about the company and its Will service and Trust offerings:
- To Grow Trust Client base to 105% of the budget by end of each year – Pitch for business generating proposals, making presentations and following through to ensure client acquisition as we focus on scaling both Wills and SET
- Review of client Wills ( individual / group scheme) and Trusts to ensure validity and capturing of client information on the database; collection of relevant KYC documents while ensuring confidentiality at all times and attention to detail:
- Timely capture of client’s information ensuring same is valid, KYC complete and prompt notification of status of the Wills sent to client and reports to management of Wills in custody
- Ensure that all fees from clients due the company are collected as at when due and transferred to the income account:
- Timely receipt of fees for Will service ensuring they are accurate
- Reconciliation of Simple Will Collection Account and ensuring that SET client subscriptions are appropriately acknowledged and forwarded to the Asset Management team for processing
- Timely reconciliation of the collection accounts to ensure there are no outstanding items for both Wills and SET accounts
- Review and Liaison with Legal to ensure HNI client wishes are properly captured in their draft Wills and final draft while Trust deeds for Trusts duly capture the clients wishes
- Feed back from client interaction and the Legal team
- Educate clients about other products / services within the Group which they may find beneficial – develop a Cross sell culture as we remain the end to end financial services provider
- Sales report showing collaboration achieved
- Be innovative and develop ideas to move the company forward
- Ideas generated and implemented
- Handle Deceased Estate Administration – Simple and Comprehensive Wills to ensure timely
- Interactions at the Probate registry / PFAs/ Banks and Fund Managers to obtain grants and thereafter funds from these institutions for onward distribution to the beneficiaries in a timely manner
- Process School fees payments for deceased estates and notify appropriate parties when effected
- Speed and accuracy in dealing with transactions
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- An LLB and BL Degree from a university and Law School
- Must possess a full understanding about Trust and Estate Planning Services of a Corporate Trustee
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- 3-4 years preferable in a Trust company. A sponsored individual with the SEC is a great advantage
- Must possess a full understanding of Trust Services
- Strong Analytical/Numeric skills
- 3-4 years Knowledge of Trust structures, estate planning options and their administration for both onshore and offshore jurisdictions to ensure clients estate planning objectives are achieved
- 3-4 years Knowledge of product enhancement and communication to ensure awareness is created around the service offerings with a view to ensuring increased subscription of the service
- 3-4 years Knowledge of the management and administration of client’s portfolios- banking, investment while ensuring that the relationship with the client is adequately managed to ensure referral business.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online