9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Packet Switch Core
Job ID: IRC4684
- Participate in the design, planning and optimisation of packet switching components of EMTS’s core network, systems and platforms.
- Assist in the provisioning of packet switching network capacity for all the GSM/UMTS
- Understanding of Network Virtualization Architecture as related to and PS core nodes and management of multi-vendor environment.
- Carry out traffic forecasting with existing data to arrive at expected traffic requirement using excel functionality.
- To lead in Volte and 5G implementation
- Assist in the deployment and implementation of packet switching network elements to ensure optimal use of resources.
- Assist in defining the requirements for capacity planning and management of services on the Prepaid and Intelligent Network.
- Perform technical investigations into areas related to packet switching network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, impact of new technologies (UMTS, LTE, IoT, NFV, IPv6 etc.)
- Provide useful inputs in defining the locations for packet switches and other network elements
- Proficient in PowerPoint presentation
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Perform technical investigations into packet switching network design
- Capture, analyse and present network KPIs to form basis for PS core network capacity Planning.
- Initiate quick wins to manage sudden network bottlenecks as a result of commercial promotions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, PS Core.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience.
- Telecommunications Technology Fundamentals
- Network Planning and Design.
- Problem Solving
- Personal Effectiveness.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online