9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Circuit Switch Core
Job ID: IRC4746
- Support all CS core network operation and maintenance activities to ensure required availability.
- Coordinate all CS core related troubleshooting, fault analysis and performance improvement measures – preventive maintenance.
- Coordinate all acceptance testing for all CS core node integrations.
- Oversee all CS core network audit and performance improvement/maintenance activities on the network.
- Ensure preventive measures are implemented to avert network downtime and service disruption on CS core network elements and links.
- Ensure all vendor activities are in line with all agreed SLAs & KPIs.
- Maintain maximum availability and reliability of the entire CS core network
- Improve mean time to repair (MTTR) on all CS core network related faults and complaints
- Promptly implement all interconnects and service requests with partners
- Implement software upgrades, patch installations and expansion activities on all CS core network nodes
- Support NOC/Field operations teams in all CS core related escalations
- Review all new CS core related features and its impact on existing network
- Ensure regular network performance improvement via key KPI’s such as LUSR, PSR, AUTHSR, CSR
- Regularly review B number analysis table across all CS core systems.
- Enforce strict conduct of Quarterly audit of all CS core node configurations and ensure implementation of all relevant recommendations
- Ensure all change requests are implemented timely and accurately by Vendor
- Carry out quarterly backup and restore tests on all CS core network elements.
- Continuously review all CS core operations frameworks, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced network performance.
- Recommend and implement strict measures to control fraudulent high usage activities of illegal inbound/outbound roamers on the network.
- Integration, daily operations and maintenance on MSC/ HSS/ MGW/ STP/ SPS/ SBC/ ITSC/ U2020/other CS core nodes.
- Ensure proper documentation of operations on all CS core network systems
- Maintain snag/fault lists and follow up with vendor on clearance.
- Carry out all integrations and implementations on CS core nodes.
- Analyse performance reports and proactively resolve core network challenges.
- Supervise the implementation of software upgrades; file system upgrades; and hardware replacement on core network.
- Specify and review critical CS core performance measurement counters.
- Lead the troubleshooting of core network operations challenges and create solutions.
- Produce policies and procedures for managing and controlling managed services team.
- Perform periodic reconciliation of HLR profiles and templates in line with business requirements.
- Audit announcements and tone files between the IN platform and core network nodes.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Manager Core & Datacom.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering and / or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in Telecoms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online