Mkobo Microfinance Bank is a licensed as Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and insured by the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC). Our focus is on developing innovative digital financial solutions that can help make our Customer’s life easier. We are in the process of conceptualizing our fully digital bank which will revolutionize the way Nigerians bank today.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This role will report to the Risk Manager and will be responsible for recovery of overdue payments from customers.
- The successful candidate will also be working with the credit department to assess credit applications and identify suitability.
- Work with the Risk Manager to assess credit applications.
- Perform detailed analysis on Customers’ Loan applications with reference to the Bank’s approved policies to assess suitability of applications.
- Identify critical risks in credit request and provide advisory on how requests can be structured in line with the bank’s risk appetite.
- Assist in the development of risk policies, procedures, and standards
- Liaise with the Risk Manager on the timely rendition of relevant reports to Regulators i.e. CBN, Credit Bureaus, NFIU, NDIC, EFCC, NIBSS and others.
- Portfolio management & reporting (weekly, monthly, Quarterly) including ensuring timely repayment and pursuing recovery of all non-performing loans.
- Report daily, weekly and monthly progress against targets to Management.
- Create innovative credit evaluation processes and systems and propose new techniques for risk analysis and management
- Identify fraudulent applications, and unreliable applicants and report such to necessary Authorities
- Continuously ensure alignment/compliance to the credit risk management framework.
- Continuously analyze and recommend improvement on credit risk management framework, processes and systems.
- Collaborate efficiently with business heads to complete risk assessments
- Mentor junior colleagues within the department
- Stay up to date on industry best practices for Risk Management
- Prepare and send out Monthly Invoices to Business Partners for redemption of due obligations.
- Make outbound collection calls to defaulting customers.
- Manage relationship with external debt collectors and when necessary, Lawyers, Bailiffs, and Enforcement agencies.
- Negotiate settlements with customers.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions as it relates to debt recovery.
- Participate in the weekly credit review committee meeting.
- Review, process and reconcile accounts of indebted customers, to ensure amicable resolution & payment of agreed sum.
- Minimum of Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, etc. from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in retail credit, risk and recovery.
- Financial services or technology company experience will be beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and digital lending platform.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Highly experience in digital lending space
- Ability to quickly build a picture of a customer’s personal circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counselling, and problem solving skills.
- Experience of collecting first and third party accounts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail. Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving, Critical reasoning, detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of FINTECH
- Sound Knowledge of Civil Servant /Payroll Loans e. g through IPPIS and Oracle.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online