Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Cost Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time – Mid-Senior level
- To provide a complete suite of cost engineering services and financial support for projects involving development of cost management models, preparation and/or review and endorsement cost estimates of different levels of accuracy and control services throughout the project lifecycle for value optimization.
- Develop the project cost management strategy, plans and procedures. Implement project-wide cost measurement and reporting systems, including roll-up levels and a reporting cycle calendar.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies, cost models and tools for estimating CAPEX & OPEX costs and, if appropriate, progress and manage use in current assets and in new projects under development. Review existing cost systems and methods and recommend actions to correct deficiencies.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of work breakdown structure (WBS) / cost breakdown structure (CBS) in concert with the Planning/Scheduling Engineer.
- Collect and compile progress and cost data, and develop cost-control worksheets and reports for review by delivery teams;
- Provide cost estimating expertise, procedures and review capabilities, including cost estimating and risk, uncertainty and sensitivity analyses.
- Review financial data related to accruals, invoice payments, purchase orders and material deliveries and other financial data;
- Coordinate and develop project annual-spend projections, cost reconciliations and variance analyses;
- Work with the PMT and accounting function to ensure adequate financial controls including preparation of AFE.
- Support Asset Owners and PMT with cost estimates during budgeting and performance activity with JV. Develop and issue various reports to appropriate stakeholders.
- Perform complete analyses and cost validations using internal and external benchmarking data, historical indices, and component benchmarking.
- Coordinate and develop appropriate control budgets consistent with project estimate and WBS / CBS.
- Mentor & support the review of the estimates prepared by other cost estimators from SCM to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with scope of work.
- Technical graduate, membership of a professional body of Cost Engineers desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an E&P major projects environment.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Cost Estimating
- Extensive experience of EPC contract management.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Cost Estimating Systems, Tools and Practices.
- Strong communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Good inter-personal and leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online