Private Airlines Services Limited (Operators of United Nigeria) is a wholly Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the registered tradename: United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Operative
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Station Manager
Effective Date: TBA
- The Security Operative is responsible for protecting assigned property, promoting and enforcing safety and security and act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
- The Security Operative reports to the Station Manager and is assigned the responsibility of securing the lives and properties of United Nigeria Airlines staff and passengers, effectively and efficiently
- Provides security protection for aircraft and passengers.
- Implements crowd control techniques at the Check-in counters and Boarding gates.
- Handles passenger body search at the boarding gate and treats passengers with courtesy and respect.
- Secures the airline’s properties, staff, passengers and passengers’ baggage from pilfering and malicious damage.
- Assists in investigating security-related incidents and reports same to the Station Manager.
- Manages and reports all petty complaints from staff/passengers concerning security, especially with respect to operational issues and any other security-related matter.
- Respond to emergency situations to provide necessary assistance to employees and passengers
- Complies with Aviation Security operating procedures, working practices, and protocols.
- Utilizes equipment only as trained.
- To carry out such other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- At least OND or equivalent qualification
- A higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work late hours and multi-task.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a relevant field; AVSEC experience will be an added advantage
Attributes & Required Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to develop working partnerships with all staff in airlines at the airport
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Must be smart and vigilant at all times
- Must be a team player.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (indicating Location) and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.