The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary, AfCFTA
Requisition ID: 1162
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Director AHRM
Directorate/Department : Administration and Human Resources Management
Division: Administration and Human Resources Management
Job Grade: GSA4
Number of Positions: 01
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide secretarial and clerical support services to the assigned supervisor or Department for its effective functioning.
- Provides support for the provision of logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
- Liaises effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensure their implementation.
- Prepares draft routine office communication and assist in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
- Contributes to the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems
- Draft initial requests on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
- Prepares documents for meetings
- Keeps diary of Director and informs him/her accordingly and timeously
- Receives and maintains proper correspondence at the Directorate
- Prompts action on correspondence and other routine matters
- Maintains good computer file naming procedures.
- Types and proof-read documents, reports, correspondences, messages, queries, as may be required by assigned supervisors;
- Drafts responses to routine correspondences for the signature of the supervisors;
- Receives guests/visitors/staff and provide them with basic information on relevant issues and procedures;
- Maintains a proper filing and records management system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences and documents;
- Answers and screens telephone calls/E-mail messages and ensure follow up with supervisors and partners;
- Keeps an up to date diary of appointments for supervisors and other senior staff of the division;
- Keep equipment in use in good condition and report on defects for maintenance and other necessary action;
- Provides day to day routine administrative supports to various work units of the assigned Department / Division / Units
- Performs reception services where required
- Performs any other relevant duty/responsibility assigned
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Diploma in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and Clerical related studies with 3 years of relevant secretarial experience in Public Sector or international organization
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and Clerical related studies with 2 years’ relevant secretarial experience in any Public Sector or international organization;
- Typing Speed: 50 words per minutes
- Computer skills, including excellent word processing, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using programmes such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Planning and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication ability both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Developing Others
- Risk Awareness and Compliance.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating Clearly.
- Trouble shooting
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness
Tenure Of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 12,834.00 (GSA4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online