International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Facilitator
Job Requisition ID: 30029254
Location: Sagamu Brewery, Ogun
Job type: Full time
- The primary function of this position is to To provide support to operational and line management to ensure the functioning of a comprehensive and professional Occupational Health and Safety System.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance to the applicable Occupational Health & Safety Act
- To monitor and advise on the implementation of the Safety VPO Pillar in the plant and associated wet depot / warehouse
- Ensure work-place hazards are identified and communicated to all staff
- Track leading Safety KPI’s and support interventions to improve
- Promote awareness of occupational safety and the VPO Safety programme
- Briefs section heads and workers regarding the functions and responsibilities of health and safety representatives and committees.
- Training and coaching SHE, induction and FPA to all employees, service providers, contractors and visitors.
- Prepares standards and documentation for VPO Safety Pillar C2C.
- Conducts VPO Safety Pillar audits.
- Conducts pre-commissioning checks on new plant.
- Audits critical job policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance with relevant persons.
- Identifies and assesses training needs and addresses same.
- Identifies organises and conducts safety training required within or out with the organisation, for various sections.
- Conducts induction for contractors.
- Investigates, compiles and distributes accident/incident reports.
- Ensures corrective steps to ensure Legal compliance (OHSA or relevant Act)
- Occupational & Health Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering and/or any other related Engineering discipline
- 2-3 Years as Safety Facilitator or equivalent position
- Understanding of ABInBev Safety, Health & Environmental Management Systems (VPO).
- Any of the following certifications will be an added advantage – NEBOSH, Fire prevention, Safety Legal compliance certification, Health and Environment lead auditor’s certification and Incident Investigation Course – Accredited Institute
Traits & Competences Required:
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Attention to detail. Ability to interpret legislation and policies.
- Training, Report writing & Planning skills.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online