Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Consultants: SMC End of Cycle Evaluation
Locations: FCT, Bauchi, Borno, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kebbi, Sokoto and Oyo
Position A: State Consultants End of Cycle (One per state)
Position B: Lead Consultant End of Cycle (National Consultant)
Duration: July – October, 2022.
- Malaria Consortium requires qualified research personnel that will carry out data collection, analysis and interpretation for the Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention End of Cycle evaluation based on LQAS approach.
- The consultants and the supervisor will train data collectors and oversee data collection process while other personnel will carry out the actual data collection using an electronic platform.
- The End of Cycle (EoC) evaluation will be conducted in the eight states and the FCT Abuja where SMC is being implemented.
- The process will involve identification, selection and training of supervisors at a training of trainers (ToT) and subsequently, data collectors in the states.
- The aim of the EoC evaluation is to assess SMC coverage and adherence of community drug distributions (CDDs) to treatment protocols immediately and not more than 5 days after each cycle of treatment.
Specific Activities for the personnel
- Receive briefing from the programme team at the national level
- Review data for quality, and clean the data using STATA.
- Compile and analyze all state data set into single dataset.
- Compile and submit a single technical report highlighting key findings and recommendations from all the eight (8) states and FCT Abuja.
- Train the state consultants and supervisors.
- Work closely with the Malaria Consortium Team to get required support and documents including data and templates for the report, including the template for technical reports.
- Submit overall report.
- Overall technical oversight for implementation of the EoC protocol in assigned state.
- Collectively develop agenda for the training of data collectors.
- Facilitate the training of data collectors and supervisors in their respective assigned states.
- Collectively review the supervision checklist that will guide supervisors during data collection.
- Develop pre and post test questions as well as qualitative performance assessment checklist to be used for final selection of data collectors.
- The dataset from each of the LQAS cycles
- Download analyzed data from the electronic platform – SurveyCTO.
- Interpret the analyzed data in a simple usable form for SMC personnel.
- Facilitates the feedback mechanism of findings as appropriate.
- Present feedback of LQAS to country office and state teams.
- Write technical report highlighting key findings and recommendations.
Deliverables for State Consultant:
- Training agenda.
- Training delivery guide, stating quality parameters for the delivery.
- Training monitoring checklist to be used by MC Zonal/Senior Project Managers to ensure quality.
- Supervision checklist.
- Pre and post test results.
- Technical report – narrative format.
- Technical report – Power point format.
Deliverables for Lead Consultant compiling the reports:
- Technical report – narrative format in Malaria Consortium standard template.
- Technical report – in MC Power point format.
Qualifications and Experience
Profile requirements of Lead/State Consultants:
- Must be a Degree holder in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, or other related disciplines with at least 8 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health research methodology.
- Must be familiar with SurveyCTO, STATA, and other statistical software.
- Ability to demonstrate good facilitation skills.
- Demonstrable report writing skills.
- Availability for the whole of the period of the survey. (July –October, 2022).
- Must not be a staff of Government or involved in SMC activity at any level and in any State Ministry of Health (SMoH).
- The Lead Consultant must be resident in Abuja; while state consultant must be resident in the state for which s/he applied for.
No of TA Days:
- Lead Consultant- 14 days
- State Consultant- 37 days
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are highly encouraged.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above link.