Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Security Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Hybrid)
Job Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- To effectively handle all security operational activities, liaise and manage relations with government security agencies.
- Interface with Government Regulatory Agencies i.e. LGAS and State Govts, work permit community activities and contractors in order to minimize disruptions and ensure continuity of business operations in the region.
- To effectively manage the Security Operations and Administration in the entire Lagos and West Regions (Lagos East, Lagos West, Lagos Central, Lagos North, West and West Central Zones) of the country, by developing the framework for supervising the various Security Service Providers, and equally coordinating the activities of the Regional Security Specialists in the Region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prioritizes the allocation of security resources to high-risk, high impact issues
- Proactive and holistic enhancement of security across the Region.
- Overall responsibility for the Security Infrastructures in the Region.
- Coordinate Security operational activities at the region to ensure constant presence of guards at Airtel’s locations
- Oversee and supervise site-specific security procedures within the region
- Serves as primary security contact in the Region and ensure adequate planning and provision of resources for appropriate security initiatives
- Anticipate and meet the challenges/needs of Airtel Networks stakeholders, including employees, contractors, communities, partners and service companies; manage security service delivery with internal business Groups
- Works with Business Groups to prepare security strategy and ensure most cost-effective service delivery.
- Communicate security issues and initiatives to business Groups and key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Crisis management and planning.
- Builds relationship with business Groups, identify and anticipate their needs.
- Generate periodic reports and maintain database of past, current and potential community issues, threats, demands and activities.
- Identifying and advising on potential claim and liabilities and taking pre-emptive action to avoid such claims or liabilities
- Periodically survey host communities for the purpose of intelligence gathering and identifying relevant interest groups and principal personalities within such groups.
- Sensitize host communities of company’s social development programmes and its potential benefits to the communities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Humanities (Legal background will be an added advantage).
- 10 – 12 years post qualification experience in the various areas of Security Profession with a specialization in Operations, Intelligence and Surveillance, among others.
- Possession of a post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage.
- Initiative, business management and decisiveness skills.
- Previous experience /membership of the Nigerian Police Force or any arm of the Military or State Security Service is highly essential.
- Membership of both Local and International Security Association is compulsory.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.