Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Projects Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 Months
Start Date: 2022-06-01
Project Types: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods and Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director , you are in charge of the proper implementation and completion of integrated humanitarian emergency response project with components of FSL, WASH, Health and Nutrition.
- The person will be responsible for the overall management of the project specific scope, planning, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination, staffing, reporting and delivering of all contractual requirements for the project.
- The project will be implemented across several geographical locations in Borno and Yobe state.
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
- Manage and ensure efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire project activities.
- Management and develop the project teams across all locations
- Manage external relations and all coordinations related to the project
- Provide technical and administrative leadership for the project teams
- Assist In Wider Organizational Development Through Learning And Proposal
- Project Data Management and Reporting
- Manage and Support to Local Implementing Partner(s).
- You hold a Master’s Degree in relevant discipline: Development Studies, Project Management or similar.
- You have experience at a senior level in managing multi-sectorial integrated humanitarian project specifically Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, Health, Nutrition. You have excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills.
- You demonstrate experiences in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming. You are familiar with USAID reporting and regulations and you have an experience in managing at least medium teams.
- You have experience in multisector emergency responses and sector coordination and you have a good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda. You are flexible, creative and innovative.
- Fluent English speaker.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2200 to 2460€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 657€ net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period.
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online