Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- To optimize and provide exemplary business support whilst adding value to the Sahara Power’s projects, general business operations and feedback to stakeholders.
- This also involves growing and promoting strategic business relationships both internally and externally.
What you’ll do
- Data analysis and preparation of documentation and correspondence in line with quality and organisational requirements to support information flow and escalate and redirect issues as required, to ensure the provision of accurate and timely reporting.
- Regular update and database maintenance of business stakeholders and effectively manage the company’s repository of current relevant legislation, policies, procedures, guidelines and business records to ensure all information is accessible and stored correctly.
- Support the department to effectively track performance/activities on various ongoing projects and report metrics to guide decision making and follow up. This requires effective collaboration across other functions in SPG, to ensure activities are tracked to provide day-to-day management and oversight of SPG/OPCO projects.
- Assist with report writing including planning and preparing professional presentations, proposals for green and brown field projects, management feedback and internal knowledge & information sharing.
- Must have 1-3 years of cognate working experience (Post-NYSC) in a similar role/ relevant field.
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, team-oriented office and field/site environment.
- Must have good organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Visio), PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Good knowledge of power sector, including the legal and policy frameworks governing utility distribution in Nigeria.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, as well as the ability to build trust amongst other team members.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Top-notch networking and negotiation skills
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Conscientious in approach to work
- Customer-centric and good leadership skills
- Support the project team to maintain and develop strategic relationships across departments to foster continuous business support and collaborative efforts.
- Organize meetings (external, internal, intercompany and other stakeholder meetings).
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with this position, as designated by the Line Manager.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online