Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant – Sunti
- Ensuring correct recording and follow-up of all transactions related to the major projects approved for Golden Sugar Company Ltd and Agri-Palm in their plantation.
- Register and follow-up on all purchase requisitions, advance payments, mobilization payments, purchase orders, part-payments on certification, completed orders with goods received note or approved certification, invoices and payment of all contractors with the correct recording in the accounting records.
- Correct recording of all transactions against approved project ensuring correct and timely tracking against approved budget.
- Quick identification of any cost variances to ensure any potential under or over-budget expenditure is raised with the Project Leader (GM, Sunti Golden Sugar Company)
- Produce timely weekly and monthly reports to ensure projects are monitored regularly from a financial aspect.
- Analyze and investigate variances between the actual project costs against the approved budget, periodically.
- Ability to produce revised forecasts when there is changes to the original budget scope which requires revised forecasts and board approval.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional Certification (ICAN)
- Minimum of 10 years in a similar function from a reputable organization.
The Person Must:
- Understand contract accounting and procurement procedures.
- Have a structured approach to reporting, also be able to produce clear, concise reports which can show both actual expenditure as well as committed and uncommitted expenditure.
- Ability to explain financial figures to non-finance managers and supervisor.
- Be quality driven and pay attention to details.
- Understanding of processes and procedures to ensure integrity of financial and management control of all expansion activities.
- Be comfortable to work in hostile farming environment – compensable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online