The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Cash Based Transfer) NOC
Requisition ID: 159818
- This job roles will be based in the country office. Job holder report o the Head of Programme at the Country Office.
- Under the general supervision and guidance of the Head of Programme, the Programme Policy Officer – CBT will assist in the design and management of CBT transfer modalities for activities of moderate size or complexity that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- He/ she will contribute to policy formulation and/or provide CBT technical advice or oversight on programme strategy and implementation.
- PPO CBT will focus on coordinating CBT functions at the country office, including coordination with the Government of Nigeria’s Cash and Voucher Assistance Policy agenda.
- Conduct Transfer Modality Assessments across the Northeast states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) leading to the production of key reports for decision making on transfer modalities across LGAs. These assessments may also expand to the Northwest contingent upon programme expansion in the region.
- Support the Management-level Strategic Cash Task Force in conducting a holistic assessment of how to streamline and strengthen the rigour of Transfer Modality Assessments to determine the exact transfer ratio of Cash to Food.
- Channel CBT technical expertise and findings from assessments into the National Cash and Voucher Assistance (NCVA) Policy Task Team, of which WFP is a partner. These inputs will coordinate with the NCVA task team to provide a national framework for CVA, promote an inclusive approach that will integrate the use and scale-up of CVA, improve the operational environment for CVA, promote financial inclusion, and facilitate linkage of humanitarian cash transfer with social protection.
- Assist in providing technical advice or mobilize technical expertise, in line with the CBT requirements, on a wide range of programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Assist counterparts in governments and other partners in identifying where CBT assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of moderately complex food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at national and sub-national levels.
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work.
- Manage and lead WFP CBT operations within the area of assignment to ensure timely and effective deployment of assistance programmes and ensure efficient use of financial resources for achievement of set objectives.
- Hold accountability and/or prepare accurate and comprehensive analysis and reports on WFP CBT operations and performance with regular and timely submission Country Office review to identify programme support requirements and inform operational planning and decisions.
- Forge and nurture external partnerships, including the national cash working group, to improve assistance packages and support complementary strategies; identify potential areas for collaborative approaches and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minumum of 5 years of professional work experience in Programme design and implementation.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Has developed, or supported in the development of, multi-discipline work plans to support the achievement of WFP strategic aims within a defined area.
- Has gained experience in field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency situation.
- Gained experience of analysing political situations, assessing risk accurately and supporting managers and leaders in decision making that is sensitive to this.
- Gained broader exposure across areas within CBT function
- Has gained experience managing mid-size financial budgets, balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Has experience leading a mid-size to large team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
- Participated in a vendor/government/ partner negotiation in support of broad function or Country Office requirements.
- Participated in a moderately complex emergency operation/ development programme.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.