Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Product Manager works with the Head of IT Strategy to manage end to end lifecycle of products that are used by Technology, Operations and other Shared Services departments of Interswitch. This requires constant engagements with stakeholders to understand automation requirements as well as new feature requirements for existing products.
- S/he will own the delivery of Adoption, Retention and Usage KPIs for identified product offerings; define actionable product roadmaps and execute them to meet those requirements, sweating existing assets and leveraging interdependencies to achieve the goals.
- Responsible for defining product strategies and roadmaps; Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and customer impact
- Facilitate customer co-creation sessions and interpret customer insights as input for roadmap creation and management
- Accountable for understanding business needs, collecting business requirements and translating those needs into product requirements and functional specification documents for development teams; Will also be required to translate complex technical capabilities into clear business benefits
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure fulfillment of product requirements, evaluates product performance and transitions products from development to day-to-day operations
- Maintains a high level of understanding of product areas supported with a focus on delivering efficiencies and business impact to stakeholders
- Coordinates with Implementation teams and stakeholder departments to design and roll out new features / upgrades, new modules, integrations etc
- Work closely with technical writers to ensure clear and standardized product documentation
Professional Qualifications / Experience
- Standard industry certifications such as SAFe Agile Product Owner, Certified ScrumMaster, PMP Certification
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Technical Product Management.
- Established ability to deliver best of breed product management across the full product lifecycle with clear wins across UX, product delivery, processes, positioning and strategy.
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Experience in Agile development and tools such as JIRA
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Experience working in a face-paced enterprise technology environment
- Strong track record of leading and managing teams
- Excellent communication skills and in-depth knowledge of various product domains will help you succeed in this role
- This is a new team and the successful candidate will be required to build out and manage the team including hiring the right resources to ensure that business demand is met.
- Comfortable managing relationships and balancing requirements across diverse stakeholder groups
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and directed.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online