Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Job Requisition ID: 2022201582
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Senior Procurement Officer
- In conjunction with the Senior Procurement Officer, plan and implement systems and policies that guide all operations related to procuring supplies and services (in accordance with FHI360 policy, USAID policy and other donor policies) in support of all FHI360 offices and projects at state and field offices, both domestic and international sourcing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the negotiation of contract terms on a range of procurements and monitor delivery of exact specifications.
- Implement procurement policy and systems for FHI 360 procurement at state and field office level.
- Undertake tendering, evaluation, placement, and monitoring of a portfolio of state and Field Offices procurement.
- Support the planning and coordination of central procurement activities of FHI 360 with state and LGAs, including storage and delivery.
- Assist in the training of staff at the LGA level in procurement rules and processes and record keeping.
- Monitor procurement processes and compliance with FHI 360 procedures at state and field level.
- Coordinate formal bids and request for proposal (RFPs).
- Review and assist in the development of specifications, terms and schedules.
- Prepare specifications, compare bids received and present recommendations on purchases to management Prepare specifications required for various supplies and make them available to suppliers.
- Adhere to all FHI 360 required procurement budgets, FHI 360 and donor purchasing guidelines, policies, and controls on procurement.
- Solicit and negotiate competitive pricing from vendors and make recommendations for issuance of purchase orders.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process Maintain procurement files and other documentations. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Procurements or Logistics related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Or MSc / MA Degree in Business Administration or related field with at least 1 year’ relevant experience.
- Advance knowledge of humanitarian Logistics procedures especially in Northeast Nigeria is an advantage.
- Experience using ERP software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Extensive experience in NE Nigeria humanitarian context highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to research and evaluate technical proposal and make appropriate recommendation.
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Technical understanding of office and other mechanical and electrical equipment. Good analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member. Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online