International Breweries Plc – Anheuser-Busch InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Control Technician
Job ID: 30014619
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
- The key purpose of this role is to perform optimization /modification of process control systems.
- Support the installation of process control systems.
- Maintain, calibrate, repair equipment, optimize Packaging equipment and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Operate machine and equipment
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Locate plant, equipment, spares, and relevant documentation / systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimize) plant, process equipment and systems
- Operate plant and process equipment
- Calibrate instruments
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Apply 5S standards and practices in the workplace
- Operate and control the process according to SOP’s
- Conduct autonomous maintenance
- Manage quality at source
- Improve personal competence and flexibility
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc. / HND in Electrical Engineering.
- 2 Years on the job training with SKAP completed.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Display initiative and ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organisation, within a team environment and with suppliers
- Motivated self-starter with high energy levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player.
Traits & Competences Required:
- Interpret process description specifications and conduct modifications /optimisations of process control software as per specifications and software standards. Identify process control software deviations and resolve or recommend solutions.
- Support the process control software change management process.
- Maintain process control software integrity and security.
- Support the development of and upgrade preventative maintenance procedures for process control systems.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Maintain working knowledge of new technology instrumentation, software, etc., through reading and/or attending conferences, workshops, or other training.
- Provide engineering/projects support and recommendations for new and existing equipment about installation, upgrades, and enhancement.
- Troubleshoot Packaging process control systems when required.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.