Coca-Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) is a bottling partner of The Coca-Cola Company. Coca-Cola HBC is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange and secondary listing on the Athens Exchange. The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company and operates in more than 200 countries.
Life at Coca-Cola HBC is fast-paced and challenging, with fair rewards and exciting learning opportunities. We promote an inclusive workplace, value diverse views and opinions and always appoint the best person for the job, ensuring equality in our shortlists and appointments. Take up the challenge. Join us!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Safety Manager
Job ID.: req34271
Team: Supply Chain – Sustainability
About the Job
- The Plant Safety Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the Safety Management Systems in compliance with the Coca-Cola operating requirements, OHSAS 45001, and other applicable local and legal requirements.
Your New Key Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Safety Management System on KORE and OHSAS 45001 Standards and supervise the Plant’s Health and Safety program.
- Keep aware of proposed changes to national Health and Safety laws/directives, internal policies potentially likely to be applicable.
- Manage the operations of contractors and external visitors and ensure that they comply with safety guidelines.
- Advise Management on OHS trends and indicators. Conduct routine drills to test emergency preparedness for all likely emergency scenarios.
- Provide first aid facilities and ensure that first aid replaceable kits are up to date, available and accessible. Issue work permits for hazardous tasks. Provide timely logging of incidents and ensure closure in the IMCR Database.
- Carry out safety inspections of material handling equipment. Ensuring safe warehouse stacking of materials and finished products Inspect all modifications and installation of plant and equipment before commissioning.
- Carry out Safety inspection of equipment including machine safeguarding, portable electrical devices.
- Review all safety rules on a regular basis and recommend suitable changes where necessary. Investigate all accidents and damage to plant property, identify root causes and recommend action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Coordinate plant budget, provision, and the administration of same for Health and Safety Management.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of safety reports to plant manager and Head office.
- Align with internal customers and projects in achieving targets and goals while ensuring that Safety standards are not compromised.
- Periodically review competency levels and identification of training needs for associates. Induct all staff, visitors and contractors on site hazards and applicable controls.
- Fully understands CSR strategy & program and promotes same across national H&S Coordinators network.
Education / Knowledge
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering or Science related courses.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar role.
- Efficient knowledge of SAP.
- In depth knowledge of key Health & Safety practices.
- Recognized Health & Safety qualification (OHSAS 45001 and NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health).
- Membership of a professional H&S Institute is also an added advantage.
Do You Have These Skills?
- Excellent planning, organizing, motivational & mentoring skills.
- Ability to implement, disseminate & enforce safety, health & environment policy.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Open-minded, intellectually curious & flexible.
- Ability to manage people & resources.
- Ability to lead and manage change.
- Skilled in building effective teams.
- People management skills.
- Project management skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online