Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Organisation Strategic Finance Business Partner
Location: Nigeria (Infrequent global travel may be required)
Type of Role: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Functional Area: GH Finance
Job Family: Business and Professional Services
Reports To: Head of Business Partnering and Strategic Finance
- The role will create a new approach to strategic finance business partnering with National Organisations to enable a global approach to financial matters such as budgeting and cash management, embedding appropriate funding model and Financial Sustainability Programmes outcomes to enable a more collaborative and collective approach to ensuring global financial sustainability.
Key Accountabilities or Main Responsibilities
- Build collaborative partnerships with key National Organisation (NO) leaders and finance teams to enable a Global approach to achieving and improving financial sustainability
- Provide strategic advice to senior managers in order to support the successful delivery of Plan
- International’s mission and strategy.
- Act as a key technical resource within function to advise NO FD colleagues, co-ordinating other GH Finance colleagues as needed, providing technical advice and solutions to colleagues in order to support the achievement of Plan International’s strategy.
- Support information sharing between NO Finance Teams to enable learning and the dissemination of best practice in NO financial management
- Collaborate with the Membership Services Department to enable the best service in financial management by GH and PII to NOs
- Work with the Director of Membership Services to develop analysis, performance analysis and contribute to business cases
- Carry out performance analysis and monitoring for the existing Field Country National Offices (FCNOs) and potential new members Embed, maximise and further develop the funding model workstreams such as NO Grid to build greater transparency, business understanding and decision support analysis
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the NO Business drivers impacting financial performance and the inter dependencies within the global funding model to inform strategic financial planning within PII and wider Plan family
- In co-operation with the Global Hub (GH) Financial Performance & Analysis (FP&A) Team carry out analysis of NO financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including a variance analysis. Use this analysis to provide narrative reports on NO financial performance to the CFO, Financial Audit Committee, Financial Leadership Team, Global Financial Leadership Network and similar Plan International Stakeholders.
- Each month and quarter review NO financial submissions (both actual and forecasts) to ensure completeness and accuracy. Where appropriate work with NO finance colleagues, GH Accounting Services and FP&A colleagues to address errors and gaps as well as any recurring process issues.
- Work with NO Finance Teams, GH Accounting Services and GH FP&A team to identify errors, omissions and inefficiencies in the financial reporting, forecasting and inter-company processes between NOs and GH Finance, and to collaboratively develop solutions to these.
- Collaborate with the Financial Modeller, FP&A team and NO Finance Teams to support the development of multi-year financial forecast for NOs.
- Prepare and present an annual report on NO and Plan International Inc (PII) reserves and reserves policies.
- Input directly in the Financial Sustainability Programme on matters concerning NO finance
- Champion change by role modelling the behaviour expected from all colleagues, develop and communicate plans to ensure change is successfully implemented within own department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to Degree level preferably in Finance or Economics related subjects or with equivalent experience
- Experienced business partnering skills
- Experience of political strategy
- Understanding of global fundraising landscape
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAEW/CIMA/ACCA or internationally recognised equivalent)
- Ideally experience in INGO Sector (ideally Humanitarian/development) or not for profit, with experience at a Plan International National Office or similar organisation particularly desirable.
We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (MS Word)
- Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted.
- Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.