ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant to Country Director
Responsible To: Country Director
- The PA to the CD who reports directly to the Country Director will be responsible for the management and administration of the Country Director’s Office.
- S/he will support in ensuring that ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) policies and procedures – in collaboration with the other members of the team and the affiliate (AAN) – are fully complied with.
- S/he will also manage physical and electronic documents for the affiliate by maintaining documentation, filing systems and contact database.
- Planning and organizing of all activities, workshops and seminars that relate to the office of the Country Director.
- Taking minutes of all strategic meetings involving the Country Director’s Office.
- Representing – when necessary, the CD at fora relating to the progress, advocacy and show-casing of AAN’s work in Nigeria.
- Act as a liaison person with programme and other relevant units on administrative issues as it relates to the CD’s Office.
- Development and management of the Information Systems at the affiliate for the CD’s office.
- Produce and contribute to programme/event reporting.
- Facilitate the financial processes for consultancies and other programme events’ with the support of the Finance Department as it relates to the CD’s Office.
- Produce budgets for events and assist in the development of the programme’s budgets and plans by working closely with the HROE and Finance units.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an appropriate and user-friendly Records Management system and ensure files are up to date.
- Administer programme and other internal meetings; and follow up with staff and other stakeholders on relevant issues and action points.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Service providers, Partners, INGO, Government Agencies, Board Members, Global Secretariate and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities.
- Master’s Degree in related studies
- Membership of relevant professional Institute.
- At least five years post NYSC experience in Administration and providing strategic support to a Leadership role
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) & experience in handling cash.
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.
Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent reporting writing skills
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills
- Experience designing and coordinating events/training/meetings
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Team player
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision.
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location eg: “Personal Assistant to Country Director – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.