Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partner Manager, Music, Global Partnerships
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- The EMEA Partnerships Solutions team works to transform Google’s relationships with our most strategic and influential partners in EMEA.
- We work across all Google business and product areas with the goals of growing business, building trust, and deepening relationships in the industries in which we operate.
- As a Partner Manager, you will work closely with Google teams across the company and help in building partnerships across the music and culture ecosystems.
- In this this role, you will engage alongside the creative industries to execute on the agreed approaches leveraging existing resources and executing on projects and initiatives that span multiple functions and teams (e.g., Partnerships, Policy PR, Sales, Marketing, Product).
- Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission.
- Our team provides meaningful solutions – from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value.
- We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Find, scope, and directly lead strategic initiatives (e.g., industry strategy alignment, cross-functional joint business plans, key industry initiatives/programs, ecosystem engagement projects).
- Identify key external challenges faced by partners in the music and news industries and work to adapt the Global and EU strategies in these markets and design/propose solutions to remedy challenges.
- Be a key contributor to the Music cross-functional team, including working directly with key industry associations, representing Google at industry events, and ensuring we are solving the industry challenges.
- Coordinate as needed with Google’s business organizations (up to VPs): Partnerships, YouTube, Policy, Sales, Marketing and other Google entities involved in the ecosystem, as needed
- Incubate transformative/innovative ideas and rally cross-functional teams towards opportunities and represent Google externally at relevant industry events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building partnerships and working with partners
- Experience in the music industry across Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), with external relationships.
- Knowledge of Google Product Areas that relate to Music and established relationships with the Product and Business Development teams that lead these functions
- Ability to work with ambiguity, solve complex problems, and scale effectively across a large and highly distributed organization
- Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business acumen
- Demonstrable program management skills and solid experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Solid emotional intelligence that enables close working relationships with key leaders internally and externally.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online