International Breweries AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Trainee
Requisition ID: 30010285
Locations: Onitsha – Anambra, Gateway – Ogun, Pabod – Rivers and Ilesha – Osun
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Packaging Manager
Key Purpose Statement
- Opportunities exist for passionate, driven, and resilient individuals to apply for the Packaging Technical Trainee Program.
- The Packaging Technical Trainee Program is designed for Packaging talents to supply a pipeline for ABInBev’s management resources for the future, and to provide great opportunities for eligible employees to grow both personally, and professionally.
- It will also enhance the establishment of networks and communities of practice from around the world.
- As you know, ABInBev has a strong learning culture and heritage and as part of the scheme, one will complete the internationally recognized IBD Diploma in Packaging, a milestone in one’s career.
- At the completion of the program, which should take approximately 18 months, one will have the required technical and management skills and knowledge to be appointed to a permanent position within the organization.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Packaging plant and process
- Demonstrate knowledge of the possible impact of packaging of product quality
- Demonstrate knowledge of the supply chain from warehouse to customer
- Demonstrate knowledge of trade quality implications
- Identify problems or potential problems
- Facilitate problem solving and decision making
- Maintain personal competence and flexibility
- Manage quality at source
- Conduct autonomous maintenance asset care activities
- Operate and control the process according to sop
- Apply 5S standards and practices in the workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge of the production and supply of the utilities within a brewery
- Demonstrate knowledge of instrumentation and control use in the brewing process
- Demonstrate knowledge of the main requirements of brewery plant
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant maintenance in the brewing process
- Identify the sources, treatment and uses of water in brewing
- Explain the nature of hops and their use in brewing
- Explain the nature and use of barley, malt and adjuncts in the brewing process
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Help developing/improving Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work Instructions
- Operate manual and automatic machines on line as per standards
- Pursue continuous improvement in processes and activities within area of scope
- Use QFR’s (As per triggers)
- Execute 5 WHY’s (As per triggers) with relevant team members, collaborate to deploy corrective actions
- Contribute towards AB reports as required
Qualifications & Experience
- A good University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 1 – 2 years of experience in the manufacturing environment with an exceptional performance track record.
Traits & Competencies Required:
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance.
- Manage a process area according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment.
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist).
- Initiative and energy
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best).
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the Application Closing Date.