MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
- Perform construction and maintenance of OSP infrastructure according to industry standards.
- Maintain safety and security of OSP facility.
- Determine scope, budget, and schedules for OSP projects.
- Monitor and control expenses within allotted budget.
- Communicate project status to Managers on daily/weekly basis.
- Complete the assigned projects within the defined scope and timelines.
- Develop engineering specifications and follow engineering standards for assigned projects.
- Perform route analysis and develop aerial and underground fiber route maps.
- Handle fibre verification and mapping activities.
- Maintain records of fibre splicing and topography.
- Develop mitigation and restoration procedures for emergencies conditions such as fibre damages, power failures and other disasters.
- Use CAD, Google Earth and other software to develop/modify engineering designs.
- Provide job trainings to staffs to achieve project goals.
- Perform routine inspection of OSP networks.
- Provide information for acquiring federal, state, and local permits as required to execute OSP projects.
- Conduct physical route surveys for OSP builds and prepare bills of materials / bills of quantities.
- Update and document fibre infrastructure records.
- Must demonstrate ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Manage and monitor material requests, utilization, and stock inventory for OSP related items.
- Understand FTTH project build requirements encompassing planning, design, and implementation.
- Develop project schedules for OSP Projects
- Perform on-the-job vendor management for all OSP Projects.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND qualification in Telecommunications related field.
- Experience in the use of GIS Tools and Software
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Significant work experience in optical fiber networks design, GPON and DWDM technologies.
- Experience with researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- Knowledge of fiber optic transmission and transmission systems, and electrical cabling and transmission systems.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to evaluate and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to engage with and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Demands of the Job
- Full dedication
- Work may require working extra hours and weekends
- Frequent travel required to project areas and job sites as follow and ensure compliance to specifications.
- Visitation to project locations to confirm vendors’ compliance to specifications.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online