The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OIM & Performance Reports Officer NOB
Requisition ID: 159815
- These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs), and report to the Regional/Division/Country Director or the designate. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, are likely involved in activities and analytical work of a high complexity, and contribute to Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting improvement.
- To support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard and consistent operating picture of WFP operations and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Support staff in assigned area to ensure that standard OIM & PR procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Collate and assist in the dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Collate, analyse and communicate the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Contribute to the implementation and further development of the SPR Intelligent Next Generation system (SPRING). Support the preparation of Standard Project Reports (SPRs) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally and with other UN agencies to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Support the enhancement of the capacity of WFP staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting through assisting in the delivery of the OIM & PR training on core competencies.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff as required, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Support COs or RBs in emergencies by preparing, organising and providing secretarial support to Operational Task Forces (OTFs).
- Contribute to identifying Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Support the drafting of, and contribute to, any OIM & PR related normative guidance as required. Contribute to initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized OIM & PR.
- Support the development, implementation and assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
- Other as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training / courses.
- Experience: Typically three years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Specialised knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
- Able to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 20222, 11:59 PM Nigeria Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- WFP celebrates and embraces diversity.
- It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.