Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer – Production Operative
Job type: Full-time
- Responsible for safe and efficient operations and maintenance of assigned equipment and turning out the required quantity and quality of products within the defined duration.
- Technical operator must be able to operate machines to ensure that daily/shift production targets are met with minimal wastage and optimal output.
- Calibration of equipment and monitoring of gauges and benchmark with standards.
- Attend to machines functionalities to correctly produce the desired results.
- When something doesn’t sound, act, or seem right, investigates and makes adjustments.
- Set up and adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules of machines to prevent failures.
- Carries out CLAIRET – Cleaning, Lubrication, Adjustment, Inspection, Repairs, Eliminations and Tightening on machines components at schedule intervals and document appropriately.
- Responsible for initial root cause analysis step by proper definition of problems using 5W 2H – Who, What, When, Where, Why, How and How much.
- Participates in Shop-floor STPD – See Think Plan and Do.
- Measures, converts, records, and interprets data for use by engineering personnel and management further interventions.
- He must comply to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), One Point Lessons (OPL), Work Instructions (WI), Checklist and Manuals.
Inspect Finished Products:
- Responsible for Quality control by examining the output from the machines / processes and benchmark against standards before realizing to the end of line.
- If defects are noticed, technical operator must figure out where the error is occurring and correct it so that future batches come out right.
- Technical operator must abide by the waste management procedures in place to manage waste and rework generated on the shop-floor.
- Inspect materials (PM & RM) to detect defects on time, find the source of defect and correct and replace the material.
- Understand Deadlines
- Technical operator is responsible for the output goals of his equipment. He is to ensure sufficient quantity is produced to meet delivery obligations.
- He takes fully responsibilities of all downtimes and minor stoppages on the equipment assigned.
Report to Leaders:
- Technical operator is to present to his supervisor real time reports of activities in his shift.
- Escalation procedure should be strictly followed to inform managers when they notice anything that might be affecting line output now or in future.
- Technical operator must fill all notification forms (Maintenance and Near miss) of malfunctions, defects, failures, or incident on the shop-floor for concerned persons to take up and act on it.
- Technical operator must document appropriately required data and information about the machines on PNG ERP (MAMA).
Maintain a Safe and Neat Environment:
- Technical Operator is fully responsible to abide by workplace safety policy, rules, regulations governmental guidelines to reduce the chance of injury to self, others and assets.
- He must be fully compliant with the use PPEs assigned and defined for his workplace.
- He must abide by all environmental policy of the organization and report any non-compliance to the HSE department.
GMP, GHK and 5S:
- He is responsible for the cleaning up to maintain and sustain the (GHK & 5S) of their workplace and assigned areas.
- He is responsible for personal hygiene by maintaining personal hygiene in compliance with company standards.
- He should comply and monitor all HACCP and food safety rules and regulations of the organization.
- Technical operator should possess a willingness and right attitudes to be trained on (AM) new equipment or techniques to remain relevant and increase their value to the organization.
- Technical operator may be assigned to get new hires up to speed. He may be assigned as mentor to new hires and must to be able to explain things thoroughly, monitor the progress carefully.
- Minimum of Trade Test II / III or an OND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, Workshop craft or Mechatronics HND is an added advantage.
- National Diploma or Higher National Diploma in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering or related qualification and field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in Mechanical and Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering Techniques.
- Understanding of GMP and HACCP.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environment.
- Ability to work well with Supervision.
- Diligent and enthusiastic
- Able and willing to follow laid down procedures.
- Good level of concentration.
- Must possess team spirit.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is usually performed in a manufacturing environment, utilizing standard manufacturing equipment and tools.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may require ear plugs.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to move and use hands.
- The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; some positions within the job description may require lifting and/or to move up to 20kg.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online