The EU Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS works closely with the national, regional and local authorities as well as other foreign missions. The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional crosscutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organised crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Support Agent
- We offer a post of Office Support Agent . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent.
- This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
- The candidate, Local Agent LA4 will work full time (37.5 hours weekly) in a multicultural and multinational environment at the premises of the EU Delegation in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under the Nigerian labour law;
- Satisfactory knowledge of English
- Upper Secondary Education in a relevant field and minimum of 3 year in performing administrative support tasks. Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical tasks
- We expect a candidate with deep understanding and experience of clerical tasks, with high level of personal integrity, able to work under strict deadlines and able to cope with a significant workload such as:
- Coordinate appointments and diaries of members of the Delegation.
- Receive, register and follow-up of incoming mail, correspondence, outgoing mail.
- File and up keeping of the system and archives of the Delegation.
- Organize and prepare meetings; arrange appointments.
- Organize and manage contacts lists and databases.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of French
- Higher Education and / or further training in a relevant field
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel, ability to handle statistical data
- Self- motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in team and/or alone, respect for the deadlines, ability to deal with stressing situations and to work under tight deadlines, performing well under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical tasks and previous experience in a diplomatic mission or international organization
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as a pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with the current salary scale, depending on years of relevant professional experience, starting from NGN 441,822.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application to: DELEGATION-NIGERIA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu Applications should consist of a letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum). These documents should be sent by email to the attention of Head of Administration, on above stated email address. Application should clearly state the title of the post “Office Support Agent- e-Del-HRM no 44649 and Sysper 2 No 156982”.
- After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee set up for this purpose
- The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for this post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting document
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which is a written test, followed by interviews. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
- The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will inform the remaining candidates by email, once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
- The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to: DELEGATION-NIGERIA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu
- Applications received after the deadline stated below or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.
Application Deadline 6th June 2022.