GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NYSC Finance Intern
Job ID: R3638575
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Level: Co-op / Intern
Job Description Summary
- This internship role will be focused on building expertise in Commercial Finance & Projects Finance (OTR) activities as well as offer a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience through challenging tasks and projects.
- The intern will have to work closely with the regional team and interact with various functions on a regular basis.
- At the end of the assignment the Intern will have acquired a deep understanding of both business dynamics and system technicalities, creating a solid foundation for a future career in finance.
- Support the ITO process on cost calculation and optimization during the deal preparation with focus on payment terms, past dues, commercial disputes, progress collection tracking
- Support the ITO team on financial assessment/data requests for tenders
- Monitor and drive Customer credit process completeness for all customers as per current Regional plan
- Monitor and drive the collections of Down Payment by working with Operations to ensure swift and efficient Past Due collections
- Analyze the performance and propose action plans to improve cash generation (through reduction of Past Due & Down Payment Collection) as well as corrective action plans as needed
- Support Commercial team with analytics through generation of a monthly reporting package for Orders, Down Payment and Past Due
- Support the Monthly Financial and Operations reviews with Biz and Regional Leadership team
- Support Finance team with ad hoc requests.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or related fields
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Passionate about Finance
- French is an adder
- Candidates should be able to use their own initiative and work as part of a team
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Drive continuous process improvement
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online