International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Location: Shani, Borno
- The selected candidate (s) will be responsible for the overall implementation of the nutrition program and IYCF components in collaboration with other CMAM nutrition partners and integration with other programs.
- S/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance with applicable implementation of national CMAM guidelines that beneficiaries will receive support through the implementation of Cash Based Transfer with the use of e-voucher modality in Shani LGA.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting targeting of beneficiaries; formation and establishment of Mother Care groups; selection of community volunteers and members of community structures.
- Work closely with care group promoters and lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community.
- Take lead on the services at the retailers’ shops including verification, validation of beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the vendor shops are clean, food commodities provided are as per the variety and prices indicated, food commodities are not expired and are of good quality, beneficiaries are not short changed and they are served with dignity
- Work closely with the lead mothers to ensure all children and women are screened correctly.
- Ensure all eligibility criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge.
- Encourage caregivers to access health facilities and have all children immunized according to the national protocols.
- Provide key WASH, health and nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocols and guidelines including messages on, distribution days, beneficiary rights etc. during sensitization sessions.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries and community leaders properly.
- Represent the organization at LGA meetings involving nutrition actors.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of nutrition activities and support
- Supported by Nutrition Officer, supervise the implementation of sensitization activities whilst collaborating with key stakeholders
- Represent IMC in LGA-level coordination meetings and conferences supported by Nutrition Officer as necessary when requested.
- Support to track the progress of activities, challenges encountered, lessons learned and good practices and Compile collected data, pictures and other information from the field
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, IMC programs, or safety aspects
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the IMC office, ensuring their availability to his/her supervisor
- Compile information to ensure that the nutrition situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result, when required.
- Provide feedback to the programme team based on the field monitoring visits
- Support the project team in developing high quality project/programme reports
- Liaise with M&E Team to ensure timely submission of contributions. Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in a Health-related course from a recognized accredited higher institution.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in CMAM and I YCF program, BSFP and CBT (e-voucher).
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Nigerian nationals only
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.