Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Nutrition and Health Officer
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Categorty: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Level: Entry Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Nutrition and Health Assistant who will be responsible for supporting and monitoring of health and nutrition services in the assigned health facilities and communities.
- This involves providing oversight and supervision of health facilities run by State and Monguno LGA which is supported by AAH. Also, building the capacity of MoH Health workers and community health volunteers and keeping continuous updates and reporting.
- Mapping of Nutrition and health activities;
- Technical support for community-level activities, planning and supervision of community nutrition and health promotion activities through Community Health Influencers, Promoters, and Services (CHIPS) agents and care groups;
- Routine monitoring of nutrition and health interventions at health facilities;
- Support Health facilities in the implementation of Health and Nutrition activities including CMAM, IYCF, SRH, Pharmacy, and curative consultations;
- Ensure assigned health facilities deliver health and nutrition services in line with the national and international standards donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Action against Hunger, Country and international standards;
- Conducting twice-weekly monitoring visits at assigned health facilities, identifying gaps on case management;
- Conducting monitoring visits at assigned porridge mum groups, identifying gaps and providing tangible solutions;
- Provide on-job training and mentoring for MoH staffs, CHIPS agents and volunteers;
- Ensure proper collection and documentation of anthropometric data from porridge mum beneficiaries;
- Support Health facilities in strengthening linkages between community and Nutrition and health activities including CMAM, IYCF, SRH;
- Ensure assigned health facilities deliver nutrition and health services in line with the national and international standards donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Action against Hunger, Country and international standards;
- Manage community mobilizational activities within the project to ensure compliance, technical quality, and coherence in all AAH mobilization, trainings, and IEC material building;
- Ensure regular weekly reports are produced by health workers in supported health facilities;
- Support the LGA to consolidate quality facility data in a timely manner.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health, or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in primary health care program and CMAM program implementation;
- Excellent report-writing skills including Microsoft Office;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.