Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor – NIMERT
Location: Abuja with frequent visits to project locations across Nigeria
Contract Period: Six Months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Plan, organize, and evaluate all activities concerning nursing and the associated teams according to MSF values, policies, protocols and universal health standards in order to improve the quality and continuity of health care in the mission.
- Perform as a nurse or anaesthetist, whenever required or needed
- Implement and supervise all the protocols and hygiene procedures to ensure optimum quality of care and service in his/her domain of intervention.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate staff performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management
- Ensure that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained.
- Ensure that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, referral notes, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, punto info, food for patients, line lists etc. Provide feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- Implement correct nursing and infection prevention and control (IPC) protocols in order to boost efficiency, quality, and continuity of prescribed care.
- Actively participate in detecting gaps for capacity building of staff
- Ensure patient’s data are treated with safety and confidentiality.
- Responsible for primary data source management and use of the data tools during assessments, emergency responses.
- Assist medical staff with on the-spot-trainings to enable collection of quality data for coding into different MSF tools (HMIS, …)
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Training in public health will be an asset
- Essential: two (2) years working experience with MSF or other NGOs/ Well established medical facility
- English and Hausa are mandatory
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
- Knowledge on medical statistics data bases will be an asset.
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
1st June 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply.