Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor
Contract: Fixed Term Contract during Malaria Peak/208 working hours per month with roster flexibility
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise the team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service.
- Organize and coordinate the activities (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate performance of the team and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in the department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback / reports to medical focal point.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science
- Nursing Diploma
- 2 years’ experience minimum as a Nurse Team Supervisor or worked in MSF or other NGO’s
- Essential, fluent in English / Hausa.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet).
- Stress management.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.