Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required (fixed term contract for malaria peak)
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reportinganymalfunction to the projectbiomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
Patient Care Practices:
- Supervise all nursing activities in units (Yellow, Orange, ER, ICU, Isolation, Observation, Dressing Room) and support external activities when needed
- Ensure understanding and following of specific triaging instructions form the medical team
- Ensure, clarify and adhere to treatment plan for patients from the time of admittance, and ensure strict documentation from the nursing team and the attending doctors
- Ensure medical confidentiality is respected by all nursing staff
- Safeguard standards of hygiene and infection control including accidental blood exposure, including in BioMed equipment maintenance and usage
- Remain alert on epidemiological issues, and escalate any potential contagion
- Mentor and support self and nursing staff on care techniques, medication, dosage, hygiene and safety principles, and more, to constantly improve quality of care in Gwange.
- Educational Qualification: Speciality (Nurse or Anesthetist) diploma essential
- Experience: Essential 2 years of previous experience. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Stress management.
- Essential: English and basic spoken Hausa.
- Monthly Gross salary according to MSFF salary scale,plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- For all experience and diplomas mentioned in the CV, the originals (work certificate, birth certificate, school certificate, ID card etc.) will be requested during the interview
- All referees should be from your previous work place
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discrimination on the basis of Gender, Religion, Race.
- Internal candidates are encouraged to apply.