Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse / Midwife (Night Supervisor)
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing/midwife and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility.
- Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring teamwork and a professional relationship between all departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs Gyne MD and following the protocols
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision making.
- Give feedback/ reports to line manager.
- According to our context and our activities this midwife/nurse supervisor could be called for other activities of the project.
- Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience.
- Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Mission and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.