Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Contract: Fixed Term Contract during Malaria Peak/208 working hours per month with roster flexibility
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up for children according to doctors’ prescriptions, MSF protocols, universal hygienic standards and precautions, in order to ensure a good delivery of care.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Ensuring patients are properly assisted, especially regarding their feeding and personal hygiene.
- During emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary.
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise.
- Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Essential: recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma
- Desirable Bachelor’s in Science of Nursing
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- Essential fluent in English / Hausa.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.