One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Rural Retail District Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- You are fluent in Hausa and English , you understand Agricultural practices and local knowledge of Niger State.
- Your responsibilities will include documentation, site scouting and negotiations, assisting in RRT set up Activities.
- Post set up, you will manage the shops under your district cover areas such as staffing, inventory management and reporting.
- You will report to the Rural Retail Lead.
- Location Scouting and Shop Set-up
- Recruit and manage store managers.
- Manage store operations and handle operational problems that arise under your district
- Ensure that marketing efforts are consistent across each store.
- Set district goals such as sales estimates and revenue projections.
- Manage a district budget and ensure that each store operates within the budget.
- Monitor each store’s P&L reports.
- Liaise between regional branches and other RR members.
- Ensure that customer service levels are consistent across stores.
- Make recommendations on shop related matters to RRT.
- Collaborate with other teams to provide necessary program-related documentation.
- University Graduate / HND in Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Economics or other Management Courses or Business Management or any related field.
- 2+ years experience in Retail, Marketing or Sales Management
- Willing to be based within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Professional, good human relationships, motivated, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Hausa
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online