Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Context Analysis Team (NCAT) Field Monitor
Locations: Maiduguri Metropolitan City (MMC) & Jere, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps Nigeria’s humanitarian program aims to assist populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria.
- With funding from humanitarian donors including BHA, the humanitarian programs engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, logistics and relief commodities, protection, livelihoods, WASH, and capacity building of humanitarian response actors.
- Mercy Corps plans to scale up and expand its humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional and varied assistance in a wider geographic area.
Essential Job Functions
The field monitors will be engaged primarily to assist (Nigeria Context Analysis Team) NCAT in the tasks related to contextual information gathering from the communities where THRIVE program is implemented. Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
- Support in monitoring context dynamics around social, political, environmental, displacement among others in Jere LGA.
- Undertake regular secondary data collection.
- Support NCAT unit during report writing.
- Any other task assigned by Mercy Corps.
Knowledge and Experience
- Person must at least have basic education a minimum of N.C.E. / Diploma in any field mostly preferred
- Ability to operate computer
- Information gathering skills
- Ability to review secondary information
- Context understanding
- Logical reasoning
- Ability to accommodate and withstand pressure
- Person who is fluent in English and Hausa both written and spoken and have good knowledge of the local language.
- Must be easily available / accessible (mobile phones)
- Must be between the age of 18 and above
- Journalism and literature review skills are plus
- Listening and basic communications skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and transfer knowledge.
- Leadership and facilitation skills.
Qualities / Criteria:
- Willingness to share skills, experience, and Knowledge
- Must be a person who are from, and residence of the community mercy corps is working.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in a sealed envelope with “NCAT FIELD MONITOR” boldly written on it to Mercy Corps office at:
No.38, Kinshasa Street,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- We are an equal opportunity organization so Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.