Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria CFO and Country Controller (General Manager)
Job Req ID: 22497247
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Time Type: Full time
Job Category: Finance
Job Family Group: Finance
Job Family: Finance Management
Job Background / Context
- Accountable for management of complex / critical / large professional disciplinary areas.
- Accountable for all local financial and regulatory reporting within the country.
- Supporting all US financial and regulatory reporting.
- Contributes to the integrity and control of company’s financial books and records as well as the process by which these records are generated
- Ensures a strong control framework which supports financial and regulatory reporting and a robust MCA process aligned to Regional guidelines.
- Contribute to continuous strengthening of the independent controls and the control environment throughout the country to support the business in efforts to grow responsibly
- Providing active support to the franchise CCO in the areas of strategy, cost control, reengineering, Balance Sheet structure as well as capital management
- Permanent member of key groups and committees such as: Management Committee, ALCO, Business Risk & Control Committee, Regulatory Reporting Governance committee amongst others
- Leading coordination efforts for the construction, consolidation, and subsequent following of the franchise’s various strategic and financial planning exercises
- Providing active support and participation with respect to interaction with regulators and tax authorities
- Responsible for the external statutory audit process
- Ensure that all Internal/external audits are proactively managed, (preparation, planning, fieldwork and actions)
- Ensures that the local legal entities are in full compliance with the Legal Entity Standards Policy and determine proper Finance oversight
- Full management responsibility of a team of professionals, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Proactively manage the Citi Shared Services partners, working closely with Budapest Regulatory teams (Reg CSC) and the Finance and Risk Operations (FRO) to ensure timely accurate reporting process
- Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of Cluster Controllers
- Participate in Regional/Cluster Finance initiatives and rollouts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy.
- Applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Developing a detailed understanding of Citi Franchise in the Emerging Markets from both a financial and business perspective
- Developing the skills to provide the organisation with the ability to allocate resources and execute plans
- Play key role to enhance controls and safety & soundness of franchise, and process improvement (digitalization and innovation) in the context of the market and competitive and regulatory environment
- Develop local and remote people management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Significant interaction with EM Cluster Finance and the Business teams; will enhance network and personal effectiveness
- Provides interaction opportunities with senior C Level Leadership at regional and global level.
- Strong Financial Accounting background
- With minimum post qualification experience of 15 years of which 12 years ideally be within the banking sector with 3 years as 2 years. as DGM/VP with experience in at least 3 three (3) major areas of banking operations
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Extensive experience managing Finance function in functional or regional areas
- Internally and externally recognized Finance subject matter expert who influences the way things are done, not only internally, but beyond the business itself.
- Required to think beyond the existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas that ultimately affect the business
- Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise
- Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences
- Highly developed problem analysis and solution skills
- Proven Relationship Manager, the ability to build and foster long-standing relationships amongst the senior leadership team, creating synergies and influencing change
- Adaptable, the ability to work in an environment where priorities are frequently changing
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ambitious and willing to learn
- Be a team player
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Strong negotiation skills
- Valuing Diversity, demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce and the ability to identify cultural nuances
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.