Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NI – Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) & Facility Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs.
- The role will review and update Jumia HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
- S/he will also be responsible for making sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work in them, and accountable for services such as cleaning, security, and parking, to make sure the surrounding environment is in a suitable condition to work.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Provide assistance, medical attention, or other personal care to workers as needed on timely basis.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Identify and make recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Implement action plans to monitor and control employee health and safety risk.
- Identify and implement processes and facilities in compliance with regulatory frameworks
- Execution of quarterly knowledge awareness and refresher courses on environment and employee health and safety
- Administration of fire drills, other emergency drills and awareness tips
- Development and engagement of fire and safety marshals
- Routine checks of facilities and working assets
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carry out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Ensure that workplace tools and equipment are up to industry standards, meet regulatory requirements and are installed appropriately to reduce risk elements
- Conduct HSE risk assessment audits
- Generation of HSE reports based on workplace inspection results
- Detection of weakness in safety management program
- Creation and documentation of incident report and recommendations
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to optimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems
- 8 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services in warehouse management, with additional professional qualifications in Property/Estate Management, Facility Management Systems, of which 4 years should be in a supervisory capacity
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using Tripod Beta Tool, HSE Auditing Techniques, and also in property management in a FMCG, warehouse, or manufacturing
- Diploma in Health, Safety & Environment and Facilities Management will be an added advantage
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite Drive – Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Skills and Competences:
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and precision
- Excellent communication and leadership, organizational and time-management skills
- Problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Know how to manage priorities and work with short terms
- Ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online