Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid Officer Level
Reports to: Manager, Infrastructure
We are searching for a talented and smart individual with a passion for the Ecommerce and Fin Tech space to function in the capacity of a Network Engineer. The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Manage network communications testing, installation, and support, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Create and implement router and switch configurations across all locations.
- Configure/Install/Support/Troubleshoot Cisco ASA, Layer 3 Cisco Switches, wireless access points, VLANs.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Interface with management/users to collect and clarify requirements. May be considered a Lead.
- Manage network communications testing, installation, and support, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems
- Create and implement router and switch configurations across all locations
- Experience with all Cisco LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies, VPN, load balancers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 network services for complex issues elevated from Tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
- Identifies performance issues, interprets trends, and implements improvements.
- Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance using software and hardware tools
- Provide recommendations to enhance and improve network performance
- Perform a broad spectrum of system engineering design, integration, and implementation tasks and activities, including personnel, hardware, software, budget, facilities, and/or equipment
- Evaluate and maintain traffic flows across transit and backbone links
- Tier III support for network related problems
- Troubleshooting of backbone network
- Evaluate new technologies as needed
- Responding to trouble tickets and users calls that are escalated
- Hardware installations of network infrastructure
- Network Engineering and Administration tasks such as: Configure/Install/Support/Troubleshoot Cisco Meraki, Layer 3 Cisco Switches, wireless access points, VLANs
- Working knowledge of DHCP and helper configurations
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESXi networking and how to troubleshoot ESX network issues
- Cisco IDS/IPS
- Load balancing appliances
- Cloud-based networking, like establishingtroubleshooting tunnels between Environments
- Cisco on-prem gear and cloud providers
- Peer-review network configuration changes.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or any other related field.
- Technical knowledge of security tools to include NMAP, Nessus, Ethereal, Airsnort, Snort
- Extensive technical knowledge of router protocols and security weaknesses of these protocols, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Operating Systems and Programming languages, Linux, UNIX, Microsoft.
- Detailed knowledge of the Firewalls and IDS systems configurations include Cisco PIX, Snort, Cisco IDS, Checkpoint firewalls.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Security Monitoring.
- Able to prioritize, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multitask environment
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Extraordinary organizational skills and the ability to follow up on tasks
- Strong background in cloud and virtualization technologies
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Reasonable knowledge of Windows, Android, MAC OS X and iOS platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Exposure to Meraki and Monitoring tools technologies is desirable
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Administration
- One or more certifications in Network such as CCNA R/S, CCNP R/S.
Why Work With Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast growing businesses.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Network Engineer” as the subject of the email.
Note: All CV should be in Word Document and/or PDF formats.