The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Identification: 5302
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Generic Responsibilities (max 10):
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with Communication with communities and M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Specific technical responsibility for implementation of information management activities in relation to NRC programmes
- Provision specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further beneficiary information management options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of displacement affected population in line with the communication with communities, advocacy strategy
- Lead the research and design of information flow from and to affected communities.
- Provide quality control and oversight of the data that is being collected, and identify and addresses errors in collection or input.
- Liaise with M&E on data management updates and data validation for the Area office’s data.
- Produces detailed, relevant and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reports and alerts as requested.
- Participate in documentation of the project for lessons learnt and provide inputs to the programme
- Organise monthly data reviews and compile relevant monthly reports as per project requirements
- Coordinate with Core competencies focal persons targeting, registration and selection of beneficiaries.
- Prepare and coordinate the implementation of policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines for electronic records (eg. Beneficiary databases, PDMs, PCMs) and documents.
- Keep the terminology, taxonomies, ontologies, indexing and other M&E classification systems and structures up to date.
- Manage relevant M&E dashboards associated with digital communication tools as per programmatic requirements
- Assist to develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Assist in the development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analyse and present relevant information.
- Support M&E and CCs staff at the area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s and donors’ requirements.
- Support M&E Team to harmonise and develop feedback and complaints mechanisms tools using appropriate technologies.
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Project planning: Sectors Project Managers, Coordinators, officers;
- Programme development: Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Food Security, WASH, ICLA, CCCM, RRM, M&E and grants;
- Area operations: Support Coordinators/ field office coordinators;
- Staff capacity building: projects staff.
Scale and Scope of Position
- Staff: None
- Stakeholders: local target communities, as well as key external stakeholders
- Information: GORS, Agresso
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
- They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following three categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Management, Statistics or IT related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
Context / Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in digital communication and data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerBi skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, and R is desirable.
- Candidates with skills in basic programming knowledge of more than one of the following languages: C#, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby have an added advantage.
- A cursory knowledge of telephony and mobile communications infrastructure and management and can articulate needs and requirements for telephony relevant to digital communication environments
- Ability to develop, organise and design short informational documents and training materials relevant to the tools in use
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision-making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation
Behavioural competencies (max 6):
- These personal qualities influence how successful people are in their job.
- NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
- The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2022 by 13:01.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online