Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate M&E activities of Plan International Nigeria’s Emergency response project in the Northeast of Nigeria in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines.
- The M&E Officer will report directly to the project Manager with technical reporting line to the M&E Coordinator.
- S/He will lead on the establishment of a sound project M&E system in consultation with M&E Coordinator, Project Manager and other project Officers
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates with the Project Manager, M&E Coordinator/ Manager and across Plan International and with local implementing partners.
- The post holder will support the establishment of a systematic Monitoring and evaluation system.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Field Team, Project Manager, M&E Coordinator and Child Protection sector Specialists, the M&E officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support the development and data flow pattern for program that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at field office level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team, sector Specialists and the M&E Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Lead efforts at field office level to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances, and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support to ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- Facilitate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners
- Support project baseline, end line surveys including mid-term reviews and post distribution monitoring. S/He will lead on documenting case studies and success stories in consultation with Communication Team and project staff.
Knowledge and Skills Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component. Master’s degree is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Proven experience leading staff capacity assessment and conducting GBV safety audits.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for protection projects including the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS) and Gender Based Violence Information Management System (GBVIMS)
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.