Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mini-Laboratory Technician
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required (Indefinite contract)
- The Mini-Lab laboratory technician carries out clinical laboratory operations in accordance with the Mini-Lab protocols and safety and hygiene rules in order to obtain reliable results that allow clinicians to choose patient treatments.
- He/she will also be involved in various general activities related to his/her role as a laboratory technician.
Job Description (Shortened)
- Being proficient in good laboratory practices and applying the defined hygiene and biosafety rules;
- Being proficient in and delivering the whole testing process for each type of sample:
- Receipt and recording all samples.
- Performing all examinations and clinical tests according to the defined techniques while following the different standard Mini-Lab protocols and procedures. In particular, this role
- involves identifying micro-organisms and performing antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
- Understanding the interpretation of test results and the returning of results;
- Keeping bacterial strains and referring them to reference laboratories if necessary.
- Being proficient in the Mini-Lab computer system (Mini-LIMS) in order to ensure that the data collected at each step is logged;
- Maintaining the direct work environment (workstation) according to the recommendations and carrying out all the tasks, maintenance and readings by following and complying with the defined work plan;
- Noting any non-conformities related to tests, equipment or more generally to the operation of the Mini‐
- Lab as a whole, and reporting these to managers;
- Specialised Diploma or post-graduate Diploma in Laboratory Technology required.
- At least 1 year’s experience working as a laboratory technician required;
- Professional experience in microbiology
- Computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel).
- Fluent English (oral and written English), Hausa, Kanuri
- Rigour, precision and commitment to work;
- Willing to follow instructions and apply procedures;
- Able to work in a team and to cooperate with colleagues; Versatile, flexible and adaptable in a professional context;
- Adheres to MSF principles;
- Service ethic;
- Understands how to manage stress.
Monthly Gross salary according to MSFF salary scale, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- for all experience and diplomas mentioned in the CV, the originals (work certificate, birth certificate, school certificate, ID card etc.) will be requested during the interview
- All referees should be from your previous work place
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discrimination on the basis of Gender, Religion, Race.