Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Financial Market Operations
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly regulatory reports for Financial Markets are prepared promptly and same is submitted to the regulators.
- Work with various teams to ensure all the information required for complete treasury blotter as per Central Bank of Nigeria approved template is retrieved and consolidated daily.
- Prepare accurately and complete all schedules produced by the Financial Market Operations for CBN during examination.
- Agree and reconcile all regulatory schedules with Country Finance on a timely basis
- Manage relationship with various internal stakeholders to ensure complete and consolidated regulatory returns are produced for Standard Chartered Bank Financial Markets in line with regulatory requirement.
- Serve as the preparer/approval of regulatory reports for FMO.
- Maintain and update submission status on regulatory register for all Financial Markets regulatory returns
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws & regulations with regards to regulatory returns.
- Work daily with the Central Finance team to agree the banks NOP and provide the daily blotter the regulatory report team in Finance
- Coordinate to ensure weekly FMDQ report is submitted within stipulated timeline
- Monitor to ensure all pledged securities by SCB are substituted in line with the CBN guideline
- Support the head of FMO to identify and coordinate automation processes relating to regulatory returns
- Ensure weekly Newspaper publication report is completed every Friday and submitted to corporate affairs for publications.
- Responsible for all ad hoc requests from the business and regulators on any regulatory return
- Ensure all transaction supporting document are complete and readily available during regulatory examination.
- Manage customer complaints for the team
- Track to ensure all query received within FMO are responded to timely by the respective desk officer.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it be adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers. Ensure your staff are trained in combating money laundering.
- Ensure/assist in the creation and maintenance of a compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring, generate timely and accurate compliance reports if required, proactively advise Country Compliance on compliance issues, and update new matrices as communicated by the BCC.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, reporting suspicion, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicious transactions to customers.
- Be aware of and comply with Group Policy, Local Laws and Regulations relating to the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
- To provide operational excellence and project management support for the Head of Financial Markets, Nigeria as well as the Regional COO team. This includes the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Operational Risk Framework (ORF), governance and conduct.
- Assistance is also provided to Treasury-Markets and CMPS as per the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the business units.
- Promote awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Assist in the delivery of the management agenda – drive initiatives designed to improve financial performance, operational efficiency, and risk
- Represent the business when interacting with the support functions.
- Support the business in advisory capacity for business initiatives and requests’
- Recommend and drive continuous improvements in the business, i.e. identify and executing ad-hoc improvements to business processes, policies, structure, and roles.
People and Talent:
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, work in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- [CBN, FMDQ prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].
- Global Markets Operations – Hub
- Wealth Management Operations – Hub
- Client Journey Line Managers
- Risk & Control
- Country Finance
- Corporate and Financial Institutions.
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- Local Banks and Financial Institutions
- External Auditors
- Debt Management Office
- Securities and Exchange Commission
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years experience in treasury operations.
- Knowledge of all FMO related applications
- Sound knowledge of risk control and reporting
- In-depth key knowledge of FMO products and local market practices.
- Sound analytical and business process knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Managerial skills
- Generally independent, but subject to limitations as per job description and restricted to group and local policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a multi-function, multi-discipline team environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
Application Closing Date
12:59 AM: 2nd March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online