Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Management Information System Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Information System Manager
Proposed start date: July 2022
Job Categorty: Monitoring and Evaluation
Level: Entry Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Management Information System Assistant who will be primarily responsible for supporting online platforms and the preparation of GIS-based maps to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Action Against Hunger (AAH) Nigeria.
- The direction of the IS Manager and in collaboration with the MEAL and technical HoDs, the MIS Assistant will develop and implement clear and easy to understand information platforms and GIS maps for the programme teams by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, beneficiaries management, and GIS mapping are maintained and harmonized.
- He/she will also track the progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to the IS Manager.
- Collect information and study trends for the preparation of maps and their documentation.
- Work closely with other technical staff in order to agree on the scope of regular mapping, define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, and participate in undertaking mapping.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, and existing maps.
- Support conception, editing, and updating of information management systems;
- Uploading and management of surveys form on MIS platforms.
- Support IS Manager in storage and security of beneficiaries’ data.
- Manage response and prioritization of requests for map products and services;
- Collection, and integration of external cartographic data as required for analysis or reporting needs.
- Map production for WASH, FSL, and Nutrition interventions.
- Maintain, organize and archive data and maps, and retrieve them when required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, or Computer Science, or related discipline preferred.
- A Minimum of 1 year MIS related work experience.
- Experience in GIS and mapping.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, and, culturally sensitive.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values, and principles.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with GIS and arch view, and remote sensing.
- Willing and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience with Action against Hunger.
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding.
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods, or WASH.
- Experience with cartography, infographics, and other GIS platforms.
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.