Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Essential Secondary Education and formal technical training
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Mission language essential; local language desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Results and Quality,Orientation,Teamwork and Cooperation,Behavioural,Flexibility,Commitment to MSF,Principles,Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Incomplete applications will be automatically discarded.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.