Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: Anka, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Indefinite
Station: MSF OCA, Anka, Zamfara State
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
- Ensuring the check and follow up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices.
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/setup according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Manage the preventive maintenance plan of the residence, as well as the office.
- Report on the transport part of the LRT.
- In charge of FMFS – Manage work requests on a daily basis and share the work request database monthly.
- Establish the roster of drivers.
- Submit weekly cash forecast for base and residence activities.
- Assist colleagues in the use of ICT equipment.
- Manage equipment inventory.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Essential Secondary Education and formal Technical Training
- At least one year experience within MSF or 2 years in a similar position outside MSF
- Mission language and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Result & Quality orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF principles, Stress Management
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2022 (11:59pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted, as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.