Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: MSF OCA, Gunmi Nutrition Response, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: Definite contract (3 months with the possibility of renewal)
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices.
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his/her activities.
- Monitoring the maintenance of all equipment (energy, watsan, comms, biomed, etc.)
- In cooperation with the ICT officer ensure infrastructure of IT and comms in project as well as ensuring back-ups and update.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Ensure daily and weekly checks are performed and followed up
- Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
- Managing and following up orders which include collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, making local purchases according to MSF supply procedures, and ensuring reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
- Receiving and prioritizing job requests and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that applied security and safety measures are well implemented in the project and adhered to by all members of the team.
- Support the Project Coordinator with regular updates and reports on relevant security and/or safety incidents within the area of operations.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- The position is based in Gummi LGA where MSF conducted a mass malnutrition screening in June 2022 and found that rates of malnutrition were well above emergency thresholds. As a result the project has begun to establish an emergency intervention which includes blanket supplementary feeding, in-patient and ambulatory therapeutic feeding centres, and malaria test and treat units, and community health education activities throughout the Gummi LGA.
- The project is still in the start-up phase and thus the position requires flexibility to work outside of traditional working hours and days
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Education: Essential – Secondary Education and formal Technical Training.
- Experience: At least one (1) year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Languages: Mission language essential; local language desirable
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization