The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Job Identification: 6280
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Logistics
Duration of contract: 6 months renewable.
Grade: 7 in NRC’s grading structure
Reporting line: Logistics Manager, Nigeria
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Logistics Coordinator to join our Logistics team in Maiduguri.
- You will be responsible to implement delegated area of responsibility in coordination with the Logistics Manager and as the technical line for all the areas within NRC Nigeria by increasing the level of relevant skills and knowledge through the provision of a range of activities.
- To be successful in this role you will be a confident communicator with excellent relationship building skills, capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives across the country.
- If you are highly organized individual, comfortable with working in an emergency environment and have previous experience of supply chain management, we would love to hear from you!
- Procurement: ensuring compliance with all NRC policies, maintaining an updated vendor’s database, prequalification of suppliers, developing coordinated procurement plans with project managers
- Transport management of rented or NRC owned vehicles, punctual rental of trucks
- Assets management
- Warehouse management
- Team management of Procurement Officer & Logistics Assistants
- Training of logistics staff in procurement, warehousing, fleet management, anticorruption and any other training that is deemed important for proper functioning of Logistics department in Maiduguri
- Review of all Logistics weekly and Monthly Reports as specified before submission to Head of Support and Logistics Manager.
- Preparation of Monthly Logistics Narrative report for area and submission to the Logistics Manager
We Are Looking For
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022, 01:00 AM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility:
- At NRC we think creatively. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Learn on the job: NRC’s collaborative working style favours the exchange of good practice and lessons learnt.
- At NRC, employees learn on the job and are encouraged to look for opportunities to develop new competencies. NRC managers prioritise the quality work and the competency development of their staff.
- This entails giving newcomers a good start, following up, training and mentoring employees to allow them to perform well in their current job, offering learning and development programmes.
- This position is open to National candidates only. We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. For further details, you can view a copy of the full Job Description